CURRICULUM VITAE Miguel Garcia Lopez
Name: Miguel Garcia Lopez
Date of birth: 06/07/74 (34 years old)
Place of birth: Brussels, Belgium
Nationality: Spanish and Belgian
Marital Status: Married
Address: Campoamor, 103-1-B
08204 Sabadell (Barcelona), Spain
Home / Mobile Ph.: +34 625216469
1991 Ecole Secondaire Bockstael (Brussels)
* Secondary Level Education (French speaking region)
1993 Instituto Ruiz de Alda (Murcia)
* Secondary Level Education
1994 - 1997 CCIS (Sabadell, Barcelona)
* Diploma in International and Foreign Trade:
- Characteristics of the foreign trade markets: (EEC, Africa, America, Asia)
- International Marketing
- Financiation. Payments terms in International Trade: Documentary Credits. Export and Import Financiation
- Shipping: Incoterms. Shipping by seafreight, airfreight, rail, road, and multimodal. Usual documents in international transport.
Export Packing. Shipping Insurance.
- International Contrats
- Administrative and commercial standards in International Trade: Customs Laws, TARIC, Origin of the goods, Customs value,
Import and Export rules. Customs warehouses. EEC Transits.
- International Trade Organisations: FMI, GATT, UNCTAD, ICEX.
* Specialization “Documentary Credits”:
Detailed and practical study of the different types of Documentary Credits and their use.
* Specialization “International Transportation, Insurance and Packaging” :
Detailed study of the Incoterms, various types of international transport and the related freight documents. Packaging types and
descriptions. Different types of transport insurance for sea, and airfreight.
* Specialization “Participations in International Fairs”
* Specialization “Intrastat and VAT in Intra-EEC goods transactions”
2002 Institut Català de Tecnologia (Barcelona)
* Optimization of Purchasing Operations:
Organization of a Purchasing Department. How to analyse the efficency of a Purchasing Department. Selection and
Homologation of providers. Purchasing strategies and policies. Strategic Outsourcing. Negociation commands.
2003 In-company training:
* Regulations in Hazardous or dangerous goods operations by air-, seafreight or truck
2004 Barcelona Seaport (Barcelona)
* Customs Inspections in International and Foreign Trade
2005 Asociación Exportadores Canarios (Tenerife, Canarias)
* Foreign Trade Incentive
Barcelona Seaport (Barcelona)
* Hazardous or dangerous goods shipping
2007 San Pablo-CEU University (Madrid)
* Course in Biodiversity “Wind Power Energy”
* Course in Biodiversity “Geothermic, Ocean wave and Hydraulic Energies”
* Diploma Risk management, Health and Security at work technical (Building industry)
* Diploma in “Documentary Credits UCP600 new regulations” in International and Foreign Trade.
Spanish: Native. Born in Belgium from Spanish parents.
French: Native. Born in Belgium and resident for 17 years.
English: High Level Diploma of the “Escuela Oficial de Idiomas”, Spain
Catalan: High command written, oral and in reading.
Advanced user level of :
Operative Systems: Windows XP, Intel Centrino Dual-Core, Fiber Optic DSL Internet Connection 12 Mb
Office Suites: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access & Powerpoint)
CAT Software: Wordfast 5.53, SDL Trados 2007 Freelance
-Member No. 708 of ASETRAD, Asociación Española de Traductores, Correctores e Intérpretes (Spanish Association of Translators,
Proofreaders and Interpreters)
-Screened Professional by Proz.com Certified Program
14 Years of experience in translation and proofreading:
- Healthcare, Laboratory Science
- Chemistry, (Micro)Biology
- Wood industry, Forestry
- Tourism, Hotels
- International Development, Import-Export
- Transportation, Shipping
- Medicine, Pharmaceuticals
- and... less technical areas, such as Business, Sports, etc...
- English -> French
- English -> Spanish
- French -> Spanish
- Spanish -> French
- Catalan -> French
- Catalan -> Spanish
- Catalan -> English
I can work on the following file types :
Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
PDF, HTML, XML, SGML
RTF, Ventura, RoboHelp, TTX
Windows32 Binary files for its localization
You can find more information about my profile in:
Since 1994.... These are some of my recent translation works :
* Automobile :
- Repairing Instructions, English->French, 595 words, CBG, Sweden
* Air compressors :
- Instructions Manuals, Air compressors, English->Spanish, 47838 words, Ekomak
* Biotechnology :
- Company Website, Water control and surveillance equipments, English->French/Spanish, 15 days, bbe Moldaenke
* Business :
- Corporate newspaper, English->Spanish, 1056 words, Languages Translation Services, USA
- Curriculum Vitae, English->Spanish, 624 words, VerbumSoft
- Banking. English->Belgian French, 514 words, Lingo24, UK
* Chemistry/Laboratory/Microbiology :
- Texts and catalogues regarding chemical products for laboratory and culture media for microtiology, 2002-2008, Scharlau Chemie, Barcelona
* Hotels/Hospitality/Tourism :
- Part-time Web editor in French (rural houses in Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Belgium and Germany), Since Nov 2007, www.toprural.com,
- Hotels in several european cities, English->French and Spanish, 43002 words, www.hotelschart.com, Italy
* Industry/Machinery :
- Different Projects in Industry, French->Spanish, 6151 words, AA Translations, Spain
- Technical Specifications Revision. French->Spanish, 1887 words, A.M. TRANSlation Services, Austria
- Machine Technical Specifications. English->French, 1502 words, Bartsch Consult, Germany
- Technical litterature food coolers. French->Spanish, 339 words, Premium Translations Services International, Canada
- Machinery advertisement, French->Spanish, 7 pages, Com-Office, France
* IT :
- Technical specifications for an IT project. Catalan->English, 6784 words, Bon Traduction, USA
- Technical specifications for an IT project. English->French, 4210 words, Isselservice, Italy
* Legal :
- Legal communications. Catalan->English, 2896 words, Intertranslations, Greece
* Linguistics :
- Tender for International Institute. English->French, 2217 words, Comms Multilingual, UK.
* Logistics/Transportation :
- Logistics and Transportation for NGO's, English->French, 52870 words, Adelphi Translations, UK
- Feasibility study in Logistics. English->French, 8747 words, Kerry Services, UK
* Medical/Pharmaceutical :
- Herbs for Traditional Chinese Medicine, English->French, 17434 words, Your Translation Chinese Team, Hong-Kong
- Specifications for Clinical trials, English->French, 11547 words, Translations2000, USA
- PIL and SPC files, Pharmaceuticals. English ->French, 3942 words, Baltic VIP, Latvia
- Oncology study. English->Spanish and English->French, 455+371 words, Translations2000, USA
- Revision for Belgium localization, medical instruments. English->French, 2 pages, Legal Language Services ALS, USA
* Playground equipment :
- Technical Specifications, Playground equipment, Spanish->French, 4421 words, Hierros Colomer
* Security :
- Revision for Spain localisation - Health, Security and Environment Policies, Aberdeen Languages Services, Canada
* Textile :
- Specifications on sunscreen fabrics, English->French, 591 words, Liberty Consulting, France
* Wine Industry :
- Specifications for wine industry machineries, French->Spanish, 2380 words, Liberty Consulting, France
* Wood Industry :
- Instructions Manuals, machines for wood industry, English->French, 58499 words, Baltic VIP, Latvia.
- Wood manufacturer equipment Website, English->French, 1844 words, Transmanual, Finland.
* Others :
- Several projects, OneDocument, Spain
- Several projects, DataSource International, Hong-Kong
Other Jobs done, along with translations:
1994 - 1997 Talleres CATO S.A., Sabadell www.cato.es
Manufacturer and Exporter of Machinery for industrial sausage making.
* Export Manager Assistant:
Commercial assistance to final customers and agents. Overdue invoices control. Offers to final customers. Invoicing.
Maintenance of real and potential customers database. Contacts with customs agents, forwarders, carriers and inspection companies.
Customs and shipping documents. Documentary Credits. Preparation of shipments by airfreight, seafreight, truck or courrier.
Private or Institutional international fairs arrangements.
1997 - 1999 Rouch Intermodal S.A., París & Granollers www.rouch.fr
International road carrier specialised in intermodal carriage by truck and train in Europe.
* Administration Responsible:
Human resources assistance. Payroll receipts, social security, etc… Bank accounts receipts. Overdue invoice control.
Invoicing data input. Offers and orders control.
* Logistics Assistant:
Freight documents control for export. Freight document shipping. Lawsuit matters in shipments by truck. Shipment delays control.
CMR Insurance files. Export and stock position in the container railways stations involved (Perpignan, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla).
* ISO 9002 Quality Responsible in Spain:
Quality team responsible for the Spanish offices (Granollers & Valencia).
Representative of these offices in the comities and quality meetings in the Headquarters of Paris.
Assistance to the Quality Assurance Director in Paris. Control of the quality improvement proposals, non- conformities, preventive and
Assistance to our team during Bureau Veritas Quality International audit in Spain. Control of customers claims. Assistance in Quality ISO 9002
1999 – 2002 COCA COLA, Barcelona www.thecoca-colacompany.com
Purchasing and Export Office for West African bottlers of COCA COLA system.
* Purchasing, Import and Export Assistant (specialized in Machinery, Spare Parts and Industrial Procurement):
Order reception from our West Arican bottlers. Search of new and potential suppliers in Spain and outside Spain. Comparison and negociation
of prices. Control of offers and orders sent to the bottlers. Contact with customs agents, forwarders, carriers, and inspection companies.
Customs documents for shipments by airfreight, seafreight and courrier. Quality control of the suppliers. Invoicing.
* SAP R/3, Modules SD and MM:
Helpdesk support for the team who tailored the modules of logistics, import-export to our needs.
2002 (6 mois) Gabarró Hermanos, Sabadell www.gabarro.es
Importer of wood and timber from Africa, Europe and USA
* Purchasing Manager :
Order reception. Search of new and potential suppliers. Comparison and negociation of prices. Contact with customs agents, forwarders,
carriers, and inspection companies. Quality control of the wood and timber imported.
2002 – Feb 2008 Scharlau Chemie, Sentmenat www.scharlau.com, www.scharlab.com
Manufacturer and Exporter of Chemical Products for Laboratory and Culture Media for Microbiology.
* Export Area Manager (specialized French speaking and African countries)
Helped by 4 persons in the logistics department for the daily work.
Manager responsible of the commercial assistance to agents and dealers. Visit to new countries. Following up the work of each dealer in their
Driver Licence B1 + Own car.